teen rhyming poems

#1 - teen rhyming poem

Romance, who loves to nod and sing,
With drowsy head and folded wing,
Among the green leaves as they shake
Far down within some shadowy lake,
To me a painted paroquet
Hath been - a most familiar bird -
Taught me my alphabet to say -
To lisp my very earliest word
While in the wild wood I did lie,
A child - with a most knowing eye.
Of late, eternal Condor years,
So shake the very Heaven on high
With tumult as they thunder by,
I have no time for idle cares
Through gazing on the unquiet sky,
And when an hour with calmer wings
Its down upon my spirit flings -
That little time with lyre and rhyme
To while away - forbidden thing!
My heart would feel to be a crime
Unless it trembled with the strings.


#2 - My Best Friend (by Summer Cates)

The summer we met how could I have known
I saw you that first time standing alone
I was new to the crowd and a little bit scared
I needed a friend who really cared
I never thought it would be you who'd come when I was down
I always felt if my life flooded you'd just let me drown

I don't know how it happened,
you were suddenly my best friend
I sat and listened to you cry
Your broken heart I tried to mend

You told me about the girl you loved
I told you be patient to look up above
I said to trust God to really pray
You said that you had, so I prayed everyday

I asked God to guide you and help you to see
I told you you could always depend on me
You got what you wanted but she doesn't treat you right
You both argue and she always starts a fight

One night we were talking about something she'd done
I had known I liked you but then it hit me all in one
Suddenly I knew I loved you more than life itself
and I broke down and cried all by myself

When I finally told you you didn't seem surprised
I stood in front of you drying my eyes
I love you more than words can say
I think about you everyday

You are my best friend and I hate to see you cry
I try to hide my feelings believe me(name) I try
I know I'll never measure up to what you see in her,
she's the luckiest girl I've ever known
But just know you're never on your own
I love you, my best friend


#3 - Not Funny To Her poem

This little tale or so it's been told
is a cute little tale of many a woe
it happened in summer I remember the day
it was June 24th I recall of the way
you hurried around all through our town
to get to the bakers for the royal crown
it a type of bread that's loved by all
they didn't have any I soon recalled
you ran from the bakers and who should you meet
but two young people eating your treat
you kept on running burning with heat
it just wasn't funny but on who it depends
you kept on running and what happened then
you didn't see that pitch out in front
and fell in a heap, with your skirt in a bunch....




teen rhyming poems